Mary shares some tips on how organizing your priorities each day can save you time.
- The day before, start by planning and writing down your top priorities for the next day.
- Schedule time for each priority. Tip: Decide how long the task will take and then multiple it by three for a more accurate estimation.
- At the start of each day, review your priorities.
- Check and respond to email every day, End your day with zero items in your inbox – all items handled, deleted, or flagged for follow up.
- During the day, work on your priorities as you scheduled them.
- At the end of your work day, start back with step 1.
This podcast is also available as an article: Organizing for Maximum Productivity